Edit Live Photos in iOS 11: Ever since iOS 11 was unveiled out last month, we have been updating on the new cool things that you can do with the beta version of the OS, like taking virtual reality tours, improving battery life, etc. In this guide, we are going to talk about the methods to edit Live Photos in iOS 11. We normally take pictures and then make edits on it, but things could become so much easier if you could edit in real time i.e. when you are taking the pictures. Apple introduced Live Photos back in 2015 with iOS 9. With the all new iOS 11, Live Photos have become more powerful and super fun. A series of new tools and effects have been introduced to make images more interesting. Here we are going to guide you on how exactly you can edit live photos in iOS 11 on your iPhone.
Previously we had to use a third-party application to pull off some of the most necessary edits. It looks like Apple has taken note on the most popular edits that people like to make using third-party applications and has introduced them to the beta version of iOS 11. Enough said, check out the methods how you can edit Live Photos in iOS 11.
Set Key Live Photos in iOS 11
- Open ‘Photos’ and go inside the ‘Album’ folder and choose ‘Live Photo.’
- See the ‘Edit’ button on the right-hand corner, tap on it.
- Down below on the page, you should be able to see a collection of pictures; it’s called the ‘scrubber.’ From here select the frame of your choice. You can make further changes using filters etc. Hit ‘Done’ at the bottom right-hand corner.
Apply Effects on Live Photos in iOS 11
- Open ‘Photos’ and straight away head to ‘Live Photo.’
- Then you’ll have to ‘swipe upward.’
- Next, a page appears on which you should be able to see four different options – Live, Loop, Bounce and Long Exposure. You are free to apply whatever effect you want on the picture of your choice.
Edit Live Photos in iOS 11 Using Markup Tool
- The initial steps are same. Go to ‘Photos,’ then ‘Live Photo’ and then open the ‘Edit’ section.
- Now tap on the ‘Circle’ just appears before the ‘Revert’ button.
- A new page appears, there tap on the ‘Markup’ button, then hit ‘OK.’
- At the bottom of the screen, you should be able to see the tools that you’d need to edit Live Photos in iOS 11.
Change the Size of Live Photos in iOS 11
- Launch ‘Photos’ and then choose the ‘Live Photo’ and tap on the ‘Edit’ button on the right-hand corner.
- Down below, at the ‘scrubber’ you’ll need to swipe left or right to get your desired result. After that hit ‘Done.’
How to Turn Off Sound in Live Photos in iOS 11
- Open ‘Photos’ and straight away select ‘Live Photo’ and then hit ‘Edit.’
- On the left-hand corner, you should be able to see the yellow sound button. Tap on it to go ‘Mute’ and then hit ‘OK.’ This should turn off the sound in the Live Photos of iOS 11.
Revert Live Photo to its Original State
If you are not satisfied with the edit in Live Photos, then you can always go back to the original state. Here’s what to do:
- After opening ‘Photos,’ go to ‘Live Photos’ and then open ‘Edit.’
- You should be able to see ‘Revert’ in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, tap on that and hit ‘Confirm.’
It’s a new feature that requires a little getting used to, and that’s all. There aren’t too many steps to follow, and you should be able to learn to edit Live Photos in iOS 11 by only tinkering around a little. If you face an error message (you wouldn’t but still), simply leave a message in the comment section and we’ll get back to you.