Apple’s introduction of the iOS 11 and its wonderful new features at the WWDC conference was followed shortly by a developer beta. And now a few weeks after that, the company has now rolled out iOS 11 Beta 2 for developers. You will find a compact list of all that the new update brings to the table as well as a guide to download iOS 11 beta 2 in this post.
As is to be expected, the second iOS 11 beta for developers aims to improve on the existing features. In that vein, a number of corrections have been brought in to the new beta update, alongside some new features. Take a look at what they are below.
iOS 11 Beta 2 Fixes
As with any beta software versions, iOS 11 beta too had certain issues upon launch. A few upgraded features, such as the Control Center, had been plagued with non-functioning buttons. Crashing issues had been reported as well. But Apple’s notes on the iOS 11 Beta 2 suggest that a number of new issues have been addressed as well. Below you can find some of the improvements that one may hope to see in the iOS 11 Beta 2 update.
- Fixed glitch in Bluetooth button in Control Center
- Crashing issues while deleting a file have been fixed
- Fixed automatic sending of SOS notification when option is disabled
- Restarting an iPhone 7 running the iOS 11 Beta 2 will no longer cause a sound that should not be there
iOS 11 Beta 2 will also come with a host of new feature additions, such as the ones highlighted by reports that we have noted below.
- Control Center: With the new update, the Control Center is getting a few notable tweaks. Apart from the fix we talked about above, there is now an option to keep the Control Center accessible only from the homescreen, so that it does not become an interruption while browsing through the apps.
- Files: The updated Files App now has a “Save to Files” option that replaces the “Add to iCloud Drive” and functions as a Share Sheet for saving photo files.
- Dock: The new Show Recent option on the Dock, when enabled, allows the user to see only the most recently used apps on the app.
- Hindi Dictation: There is now support for Hindi dictation.
How to Download the iOS 11 Beta 2 for Developers
If you already have signed up for the first beta, then you may download iOS 11 Beta 2 fairly easily with the help of this easy OTA method.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your iOS device that you wish to upgrade.
- Go to Settings> General> Sofware Update. Any available updates (including the iOS 11 Beta 2 update) will show up.
- Hit Install when you see the desired update.
If you are new to Apple’s developer program, then you can follow the steps mentioned here to sign up for the second beta of iOS 11 in a much more convenient way. To find out if your device will be compatible, go here.
iOS 11 will arrive with a number of spectacular features when its official release date finally arrives. We are especially looking forward to seeing how developers make use of the ARKit platform. It is clear that Apple has their ambitions in place with the iOS 11, so we are ready to be pleasantly surprised with the final version. So if you sign up to the beta program, make sure to send the company your valuable feedback. In case you have any questions, leave us a message below and we will get back to you shortly.